Monday, 6 July 2009

Broccoli and Camembert bake

Quick after work grub. This is a richly flavoured bake, the Camembert melts into the cream to create a thick creamy sauce.
Broccoli and Camembert bake
Ingredients
Serves 2
4 tablespoons of double cream or single cream
350g Broccoli cut into small florets, including stalks
180g Camembert cheese, cut into slices including the rind
Salt and pepper to taste
Optional: 30g Parmesan cheese
Method
Steam the broccoli until just tender. Drain and transfer to an ovenproof dish.
Distribute Camembert slices evenly over the broccoli. Spoon over the cream and season to taste. If using Parmesan cheese, sprinkle over the top. Bake for 20 minutes until bubbly.

Serve with boiled potatoes.

4 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! Glad to see you're eating the rind of the Camembert - it drives me bananas when people cut it off...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mr droolingvegetable.
    It is quite a rich dish, I think it would be more appreciated on wintery days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks really delicious. I think it would be nice over rice or with bread.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My nephew looked at it and went 'eek'. I liked it anyway.

    ReplyDelete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You