Tuesday, 14 July 2009

Yogurty Blackcurrant lollipops

I did not want to make another rich berry cake and I did not have enough to make a preserve or jam, so I settled on the idea of making some lollipops with the blackcurrants that I had harvested earlier in the week.
Look at the colour of that! Vibrant!
Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstalls recipe for blackcurrant lollipop is definitely one for the adults. I may be wrong, but I think because of the in depth flavour of the natural yogurt, some children will not like this sourness.
Should I find myself with an abundance of blackcurrants next year, I would definitely substitute the natural yogurt for Greek yogurt. Although this was quite nice, it was too sour even for me.


  1. your blog makes me want to eat all the time! I'm so inspired.

  2. These look so delicious! I have been meaning to buy some ice pop molds.

  3. Oh, what a lollipop! Maybe a touch of honey or agave nectar would have sweetened that sour edge. It really does look delicious, though.

  4. Your lolly, um, things (sticky things) are vastly superior to mine - do you mind if I ask where you got them?

  5. Hi Leah,

    Thank you soooo much!

    I think it is much nicer making your own, you know exactly whats gone into them. the only problem is space in the freezer. Mine is very, very small.

    Thanks Barbara,
    I think that is a good idea, honey or agave - either of these would have made a big difference to the taste.

    Hi Lisa,
    These are umbrella lolly moulds that I purchased from a recent trip in Ayr. They are from the Tala kitchenware brand. You can order them over the net. I've added the link below.


If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You