Saturday, 11 July 2009

My Welly collection

It T in the Park time, many of my work colleagues are attending this outdoor annual music event which also means camping, long queues for the toilets, sleeping in the outdoors, mudslides and wellies. Yeah wellies, who'd have funk it. The chit chat I have been hearing over the past few days about having the right kind of welly for the 'event' and how they should be 'colourful'. So what did I decide to do today, I thought I would talk about my welly collection, but mine are functional and related to the allotment, not some music fest outdoors.

I have never been a girly girl, I do not like the colour pink, big floral prints, I don't wear much make up or jewellery, and I certainly do not have that many fancy high heel shoes. In fact I think D has more shoes than I do, but I do own four pairs of wellies.
What does that say about me? Yes, I like to keep my feet dry! And deep down inside they make me feel like I am eight years old again. Yipee – when I had no care in the world.
The fourth pair are not pictured here. Those wellies are for Scottish rainy days, not for the allotment. I am a little bit embarrassed to admit this, but my work shoes have also been muddied by my visits to the allotment after work, that the mud is hard to wash off now. I wear these flat shoes to work as I find them really comfy to walk and drive in, but when I get into the office, I have to sneak them off quickly and put on the prissy heels which are tucked under my desk.


  1. They are all so cute! Wellies are not so common here.

  2. You can't see it well in the picture, but the black wellies have silver glitter.

  3. Love the flowery ones. I know what you mean about wellies becoming a fashion accessory. The choices used to be green or black (with green having a more farming, country sort of association if I remember rightly), but now there is a veritable catwalk collection of wellies.

  4. Thank you.

    When I see those designer or pretty patterned wellies, I must admit I am always tempted to get another pair, but in my heart I cannot justify it, so come back without. Sometimes looking is better than having.

  5. Love those flowery wellies - I don't own any but I wish I had a pair like those - I did go to T in the Park many years back and ended up spending a long time getting the mud off my docs

  6. Thank you Johanna,
    I have three pairs of doc martins, from my university years too. Unfortunately they don't make them in the UK anymore.


If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You