Friday, 24 July 2009

Dwarf Variety of Beans

I picked a generous handful of beans for our meal tonight. These are hestia runner beans; purple Queen french beans; and speedy french green beans. All are dwarf varieties and early producing.
They all produce lovely flowers, purple, red and white. All of which I think should really be grown in pots, not direct in the ground, as the beans get slathered with soil and gushy mud when it rains.

The only one which has been a bit of a hit and miss, are the hestia runner beans – as you can see, instead of being flat, it has little humps like a camel. Tasted fine though.

2 comments:

  1. Beans just have to be eaten young! Yours look wonderful, I hope you enjoyed them. There comes a point when you just can't keep up with the picking - there are so many!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matron,
    I so agree, but as you know yourself, keeping on top of the picking is quite hard. Sometimes you don't even see the beans!

    ReplyDelete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You