Monday, 13 November 2017

Preserved Lemon Coriander Salsa

I would not describe myself as an early riser in the morning.  I do like my snug bed, but when it comes to work - I like many working people, have to get up and go.  I am often at work 7am in the morning, if not earlier.

This morning the car journey into work was a little more interesting.  We got to see Venus and Jupiter together in the pre-dawn sky.  I had not tweaked what it was and said out loud to D, 'those stars look like they are going to collide'.  He then mentioned that he had heard on the radio whilst showering something about some astronomical phenomenon happening today at dawn. Well didn't we, well me mostly get lucky to see two of the brightest planets Venus and Jupiter appearing together.  It was truly amazing, a bit like the red sun a couple of weeks ago.   The skies recently have been quite spectacular.
I made this Preserved Lemon Coriander Salsa at the weekend with what we had in the fridge as I could not be bothered to venture far.  Its made mostly from fresh ingredients other than the preserved lemons which came from a jar.



The Preserved Lemon Coriander Salsa made from a change from hummus and guacamole, but if you don't want to use it as a salsa, you can also top a soup that requires a little bit of zest! 
Preserved Lemon Coriander Salsa
Ingredients
1 small onion, peeled and finely sliced
25g fresh parsley
20g fresh coriander
50g preserved lemons
4 tablepoons olive oil
Salt and peper to taste
Method
Roughly chop, then with a mezzaluna mince well.
Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary.

12 comments:

  1. Oh YUM! This is totally up my alley!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes, getting up for work early really pays off. What an amazing thing to see. The salsa looks like it would be heavenly with some roasted tofu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes truly was amazing, I was hoping to see it the following day to snap a picture, but it was too cloudy that morning.

      Delete
  3. Lucky you to see that sight..there are some consolations for being on the road early! I remember some beautiful dawns

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We def. get some beautiful dawns here.

      Delete
  4. I would love this sort of salsa on a soup or it sounds like an interesting topping for tacos. I am admiring of you for getting into work at 7am - I struggle on the days I need to be there before 9am - nice that you are rewarded with sky shows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - i think it would be good for tacos and roasted tofu as Joey above suggested. The only thing about getting up so early, its impacting on our w/e as I want to sleep and by the time we get up, the day is nearly over - well too late to travel at length anyway. But still feel blessed to see such sky shows Yes!

      Delete
  5. This sounds like it could be eaten over pasta, too! What a wonderful viewing you had on your way to work...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah you observed well e - as I did stir it into some pasta (see recent blog post)

      Delete
  6. I really struggle in the mornings as well. The early hours don't fit my natural body clock... but it sounds as though having to get up early struck lucky for you!
    Loving the salsa. sounds delicious! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It def. did strike lucky for me :)

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You