Wednesday, 2 September 2009

Plum crumble slices

This plum crumble tray bake is ultimately the same as the Blackcurrant almond slices and strawberry almond slices that you've seen before. The only thing I have done differently with this recipe is swap the two layers over. If you read the recipe, you'll understand what I mean. They were okayish, I think they would be better eaten warm with either ice-cream or custard.
Plum crumble slices
Ingredients
150g self-raising flour
150g plain flour
150g caster sugar
125g margarine, chopped
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
180ml (butter)milk
1 egg, beaten lightly
About 6 plums, cut into pieces
Method
In a food processor, put in the flours, butter and sugar until the mixture is fine.
Take out 300g of the crumble mixture and leave aside.
Into the remaining crumble mix, stir in the soda, (butter)milk and egg. Pour into the base of the prepared tin, then scatter over the chopped plums and top with the remaining 300g mixture.
Bake on Gas mark 5 for about 30 to 35 minutes. Cool, before cutting into slices.

4 comments:

  1. most things are better for a scoop of ice cream or a dollop of custard :o3

    ReplyDelete
  2. That has given me an idea of what to do with all my plums. They are all ripe at the same time and if I don't pick them the wasps will get them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Nic I agree with you.


    Matron, do check out the other plum recipes on A2K. I have a few more still to post, so do come back - you don't want all those wasps eating your plums, now do you.

    ReplyDelete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You