Tuesday, 22 September 2009

French Pear Tart

This is what I decided to do with the pears that I had left over from the jam recipe.
French Tarte de Cambrai a moist, buttery pear pudding cake
Serves 6 – 8
Ingredients
4 – 6 ripe pears
2 tbsp Sugar
For the batter
110g self-raising flour
A pinch of slat
80g caster sugar
4 tbsp sunflower oil
120ml milk
2 eggs, lightly beaten
Method
Preheat oven to gas mark 6. Grease a 9 inch shallow cake tin. Peel, core and half the pears. To make the batter, sift the flour and salt. Stir in the sugar. Make a well in the centre and add the oil, milk and eggs. Beat together slowly combining into a smooth batter. Pour the batter into the prepared tin. Arrange the pear slices on top, and then sprinkle evenly with sugar. Bake for 50 – 60 minutes, until golden and puffed.

Eat warm with cream.

8 comments:

  1. I always love ready your posts as they are always seasonal! It must be so great and satisfying to be able to grow and then cook your own produce. Hats off to you!

    I always thought vegetarian food was boring and plain, well you have totally blown my mind on how many different delicious ways you can create vegetarian food. I'm not vegetarian, and to be honest would never had cooked a vegetarian dinner. But I'm more that happy to to try any of your recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds blissfully indulgent and tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks gorgeous. The pears are perfectly arranged!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much James for the lovely comments, they are most appreciated.
    You have certainly made my day! And yes, it is really satisfactory to grow your own veg and then cook it and eat it. Truly makes eating more pleasurable.


    Welcome Helen T,
    And Thank You so much for your lovely comment. I will be over later to check out your blog.


    Thank you Mrs Costello,
    Yeah, theres a little artist in me somewhere.


    Thank you Kella.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's such a beautiful tart. I really love pears.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love a piece of this right now, Mango. What a heavenly dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Michele and Barbara.
    I wish I could have shared a slice with you both.

    ReplyDelete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You