Sunday, 2 August 2009

Strawberry Cream Muffins

Ah my strawberry plants are still flowering. Ain't I a lucky little bunny?!
Over the past couple of weeks I have eaten strawberries with cream, made strawberry jam, strawberry curd and even strawberry sorbet, but today I decided to make some more muffins for the working week ahead.

These are dense muffins and really are best eaten on the day, as they lose that red vibrant colour the following day, and don’t look as attractive, but they taste fine. Mmm would I make these again? Yes, but with some changes. As my strawberries were extremely juicy and a bit messy to eat, I would perhaps only top the muffins with a strawberry.

Strawberry Cream Muffins
Makes 12
450g self raising flour
55g caster sugar
½ tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 egg
284ml buttermilk
100ml milk
60ml vegetable oil
100g white chocolate chips
200g strawberries, chopped
Preheat the oven to Gas 6 and line a muffin tin. Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt, then stir in the sugar and put to one side. In a separate bowl, beat together the egg, buttermilk, milk and oil until combined. Slowly transfer the wet mixture into the flour, folding the mixture together carefully until you have an even consistency. Gently fold in the chocolate and strawberries into the mixture until it is all evenly distributed. Spoon the mixture into the muffin tins and bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until the muffins are springy to the touch.


  1. oooh!!! sticky muffins, post me one :)

  2. These look outstanding! Yum!

  3. Hi Kella, Pia K and Michele.
    They were lovely and sticky!


If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You