Thursday, 13 August 2009

Spicy Broccoli Pasta Frittata

This dish was my attempt to use up some of the harvest in my fridge, in this case it was the broccoli. We had it for lunch and it went down a treat.
This is also my contribution towards Pasta Presto Nights No 126 which is being hosted by mother and daughter pair Giz (Gizmar) and Psychgrad of Equal Opportunity Kitchen, This blog is relatively new to me, but what I have seen I really like, especially the fact it shows 'real food', food you want to eat, not just 'photogenic food'. I always enjoy participating in PPN as it is fondly known, as Ruth of 4Everykitchen is such a wonderful co-host. PPN has a very simple pre-requisite. The dish must have some sort of noodle, it doesn't have to be traditional Italian type pasta, it can be hot, cold, salad, soup, main, dessert, or anything else, but it must have some kind of noodle. I must get this in by the deadline which is today.
Spicy Broccoli Pasta Frittata
Serves 4 generously
Ingredients
150g penne pasta,
100g-200g broccoli, washed and cut into pieces
4 tablespoons of olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, sliced
generous pinch of chilli flakes
Salt and pepper to taste
6 medium eggs, beaten
100g cheddar cheese, grated
Method
First make pasta according to packet instructions, when cooked drain and leave on side to cool.
In a frying pan, add oil with broccoli and garlic and cook over medium heat until soft. Add in the cooked pasta and stir till warmed through. Add chilli flakes, salt and pepper to beaten eggs and pour over the pasta and broccoli mix. Cook slowly until set. Scatter over cheese, and place under grill until golden. Cut in quarters and serve.

7 comments:

  1. One word - SCRUMPTIOUS - I love it. Thanks so much for sharing with Presto Pasta Nights. So glad to see you back and hope to see more of your delicious pastas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ruth.
    The pasta frittata is nice and soft on one side, and crispy on the other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is way cool. I never would have thought to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this recipe! Pasta frittatas are so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Food Hunter,
    Thank you. It didn't exactly work out the way I wanted it too, but it tasted good, especially the crispy side.



    Michele,
    It was my first pasta frittata ever, and I enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would never have thought to use pasta in that way. I hope it's a winning combination for you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Nic,
    It was an experiment that turned out quite tasty!

    ReplyDelete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You