Sunday, 16 August 2009

A jar of pickled beans

We went over the allotment for a little while in the morning and picked some more climbing french beans.
When I got home, I decided to pickle some, there was no way in the world we were going to be able to consume them all, and there was hardly any room in my freezer. I got the simple pickled green beans recipe from here. I also added some black peppercorns to the pickle as I like my pickles to have some bite. Now what to do with the remaining beans....mmmmm
There are three types of french green beans here: blauhilde; neckar gold; and blue lake.
Pretty, but lonely - a single clematis flower growing on plot 45 by the gate.


  1. Your pickled beans sound fabulous! I've never made them before!

  2. This is my first time pickling green beans, so lets see how they turn out.


If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You