Tuesday, 4 August 2009

Strawberry Cheesecake muffins...mmmm

Well those strawberry and cream muffins didn’t last long, so it is now strawberry cheesecake muffins.
Please don't do as I did, I stupidly opened the oven door by accident, honest and the muffins that were rising beautifully fell flat, but don't despair - I did what most professional bakers do, cover them with a sprinkling of icing sugar. I know, I know, it's still pretty flat, but it tasted very good.
This kinda muffin deserves a spoon. Good thing I don’t worry about my weight too much (not yet anyway). I must have put on at least half a stone since the berries started fruiting at the allotment.
Strawberry cheesecake muffins
Makes 6 - 8
Ingredients
115g caster sugar
4 tablespoons of cream cheese
6 - 8 strawberries, hulled
175g plain flour
1 tablespoon of baking powder
Pinch of salt
20g unsalted butter, melted
1 egg
125ml milk
Icing sugar for dusting
Method
Preheat oven gas mark 4.

Put half the sugar in a bowl, add the cream cheese and mix together. Set aside.

Sift the remaining sugar, flour and baking powder into a large bowl, then stir in the salt. In another bowl, beat the butter, egg, and milk together, then add to the dry ingredients until combined.

Spoon half the batter into the muffin casings, then add strawberry and a teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture to each one. Top with the remaining batter and bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through.

Allow to cool, serve dusted with icing sugar.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, they look amazing! Might have to have a scout around for some vegan cream cheese...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Wow! Wow!
    Fantastic recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Clare.
    They may work with vegan cream mixed with lots of icing sugar.


    Thanks You Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooo, thanks for the tip, may give it a try when I have a spare baking moment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mouth is watering. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rose,
    This is one delicious recipe. I actually enjoyed it more the day afer.

    ReplyDelete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You