Wednesday, 1 July 2015

Vegetable Palette: Blushing Pinks

Welcome to June's edition of The Vegetable Palette Round Up: natures colours - natures goodness''. 
The theme for June was Blushing Pinks.  (Please scroll to the bottom of the page for the new theme if you would like to take part this month).
The first entry comes from the Veg Hog with Pomegranate and Sea Buckthorn Overnight Oats.  I would feel rather lavish tucking into this rather elegant breakfast, but its nice to have a touch of luxury now and again. I love that it is portable too, perfect to take into work for us early birds.
The second entry comes from Katie from Feeding Boys and a Firefighter with a Fresh and Punchy Beetroot Relish.   This  beautifully majestic looking relish would be awesome with some home-made Black Bean Burgers.  In fact, I may give this a go come this weekend, I especially like the addition of horseradish for extra kick.  
Next may I introduce you to a new contributor to Vegetable Palette, we have Ema from De Tout Coeur Limousin with Rhubarb and Elderflower Compote.  Just look at the sheen and colour!  Ema describes this as a quick and easy recipe, I shall try it for sure as my husband loves all things tangy, tart and sharp.  I love that she has also used seasonal elderflowers, I keep seeing them on drives, but have not managed to harvest any for sweet treats. 
The lovely Jen from Chardonnay & Samphire shares with us Plum and Fig Crumble.  Loving the way the pinkness from the plums oozes to the top, this Crumble is also elevated further with the addition of coconut and almonds for crunch.  I know this is a dessert, but I could easily eat it for breakfast too.
And finally my own contribution of Rhubarb, Rosewater and Rose Petal Streusel Crumble Slices.  Did you know that rhubarb is actually a vegetable, not a fruit?!

If you would like to participate in the Vegetable Palette, then please follow this link on how to participate.  The theme for July is Glorious Reds 
 -  Think tomatoes, red peppers, red chilli, beetroot, red onion...  Please note I will accept fruit too, but vegetables would be preferred.


  1. ok... i'm joining in for sure this month... I have lots of red veg in the fridge so watch this space!

  2. Nice entries for pink. I didn't know fruits were allowed but I will try to get some recipes with bona fide red veggies in it for July. :)

    1. Thank you Janet, normally I don't allow it - but some bloggers seem to be struggling with the veg, so I do make allowances - but VEGETABLES are preferred for sure.

  3. Lovely round up Shaheen. I managed to miss the deadline for pinks, although I had hoped to enter my rhubarb meringue pie.... Oh well.... Rhubarb I am told is technically a vegetable, so would have been ideal. Struggling with time right now, but if I make anything suitably red and veggie, I will do my best to join in!

    1. Thank you Kate. That's okay, I hope you can join this month, but whenever you can it's appreciated - I have now added #FruitPalette to #VegetablePalette as a numbe rof people have said they are struggling a little with the challenge.


If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You