Sunday, 19 July 2015

Shaun The Sheep in the City of Bristol

Yesterday we decided to go into the city of Bristol.  
As we walked out of the car park onto the main shopping centre, we realised that the city had been invaded by Shaun (the Sheep) in the City.  I snapped a few Shaun the Sheep, the (first one) above Shaun on the Cob was my favourite as it was shaped like a sweetcorn, there was also Jasberry Ram (Raspberry), Melonie (Melon) and even Tutti Frutti, but I didn't spot those, not that I was on the trail or anything, but you could see plenty of little ones were.    
We stopped first to have a bite to eat, not a full blown vegetarian breakfast, but something light and tasty.  We stopped at Royce Rolls in St Nicholas Market.  I had a savoury slice and D had a sausage roll.

Then we headed towards the Bristol Harbour.  It was real busy there with the Bristol Harbour Festival.  We wandered around the harbour area for a little while, but eventually winded our way back to St Nicholas Market for more vegetarian eats, this time falafels from Eat A Pitta.  I like their falafels, but this time found them a little rough around the edges that my throat felt a little scratched, still tasty enough and to say how good they are, even D enjoys them.  In the past he has averted falafels calling them 'feel awfuls', referring to the after effects of beans, but not with these, so that is a sign of approval.   


Usually when we go into Bristol, its just for a day out.  We will eat something whilst there, but other than a maybe a DVDs, CDs and a book or two, we don't really go there spend.  But this time was different, I managed to spend quite a bit.  I purchased a floral patterned dress from Cabot Circus Shopping Centre, a couple of reduced prices American cookbooks, a pair of ear-rings from a stall outside St Nicholas Market, 3 bars of Pyscho Chilli Chocolate from Dr Burnoriums Extraordinary Hot Sauce Emporium, and a little bag to carry my purse, keys and mobile phone from the charity shop for £1.99.   D as usual picked up some DVDs and a couple of CDs for weekend viewing and listening.  Satisfied with our lot and a good day out, we decided to head back home to Wales.
When we got in, I was glad that I had something in the fridge to reheat.  I had made some vegetarian chilli with mixed peppers and black turtle bean early in the week at the request of my nephews and nieces who wished for enchiladas.   
Well I kept back enough for a meal for D and me, and we also had enchiladas 
Yum, yum.

8 comments:

  1. I love the veggie Shaun! Sounds like you had a good time in Bristol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too :) Yes, I really like Bristol,

      Delete
  2. Ha ha, one of my brothers lives in Bristol and has been doing the Shaun trail with his boys. I love Shaun the Sheep! We have a trail of dragon sculptures in Norwich at the moment, in a similar way to the shauns. And yes, we have been following the trail.... No kids required!
    Mmm the enchilada mix looks really really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were loads of people doing the trail, inc. big kids with their Sheepy woolly hats. There was a dragon trail in one of the towns in South Wales a few years back, see this link and the last two pics and you will see what I mean http://allotment2kitchen.blogspot.co.uk/2011/11/newport-festival.html
      Also, totally recommend the enchillada filling.

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful day for you both. Which American cookbooks did you snag? How long was the drive? Will you ever reveal the dress? Your chili looks divine, but it is simply too hot and humid here for that now. I'll have a go in the winter, assuming we're lucky enough to have the seasonal change. 92 degrees and still muggy following a rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOh E lots of questions. It was nice, though I must admit I did spend way too much - often I just window shop. The drive over the Welsh border into England is about 40 minutes. I cn't remember the name of the cookbooks, and as for the dress you may see it in the backgroudn to a blog post one day, its more for the evening.

      Delete
  4. We never got to see the shaun the sheep movie but I am sure we will see it on DVD (do you feel old fashioned to be still buying DVDs and CDs - I do when I speak to some young people). Sounds like you had fun shopping and I would love to see the Shauns around Bristol - it is a great tv show that makes us laugh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never seen it either but I am sure it will be on TV for Christmas not too long. I actually never thought about still buying DVDs and CDs as old fashioned, but I guess it is as none of my nephews and nieces ever do and watch/listen to everything via the more fashionable channels. I pretend to feel cool because we buy lots of Cds/DVDs from FOPP music store, which you may know from your Scottish days, anyway, always enjoy going to Bristol - always see and do something different.

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You