Wednesday, 29 July 2015

Fresh Strawberry Scones of Sorts

These free form soft fruit berry scones may not look fabulous, but they were rather nice.

I made them a couple of weeks back with the last of my garden strawberries.  These as you can see are not traditional British style scones, but are American style cut into triangular shapes.  
I have to admit that I added a little to much milk, the dough was a little sloppy.  So even though it doesn't look very attractive, it was good to eat and I'd be happy to bake them again.  
For the recipe follow this link.

8 comments:

  1. I think they have a certain rustic charm about them! I bet they tasted amazing anyhow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dom, you are always very kind. They tasted good for sure.

      Delete
  2. too much milk is so much better than too little - these scones look just gorgeous to me - wish I could eat one right now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know what you mean, can always add more flour to it. They turned out tasting fine.

      Delete
  3. mmm they look lovely, a little like rock cakes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So lovely to hear from you Nic. I do come by and check out yours and the little ones growing up adventures. Its lovely to see how the little man is growing. Yes I agree they are a bit like rock cakes in appearance

      Delete
  4. Ooh, i got some strawberries from a friend today, these are on my list for tomorrows baking, once i get some more flour :) they look divine! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did, they were lovely to eat. And enjoy the strawberries fresh too.

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You