Tuesday, 7 July 2015

PPKs Vegan Lemon Bars

Don't these Lemon Bars look ever so delightful? 
I actually made these for D, who loves all things tangy and citrus.  I wasn't quite convinced that the turmeric yellow jelly topping would quite set to a firm consistency, but the following day when I took it out of the fridge - it was wonderfully firm, yet with a slight wobbliness.  These vegan Lemon Bars were zingy, flavourful and sublime.  The base was almost shortbread like.  I loved it and will certainly be making them again.  For the personal touch, I finished them off by topping them with some homegrown raspberries. 
I am not going to post the recipe here, but for those of you who do not have Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar or Veganomicon then you can find the recipe here on No Meat Athletes blog,  I am sharing these vegan Lemon Bars with Tinned Tomatoes for Bookmarked Recipes. 

2 comments:

  1. They look wonderful! You made them really pretty 😊 I'm a PPP fan too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those bars do look yummy!

    ~Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You