Monday, 6 July 2015

The Raspberries are Coming

Yes, I know don't need to share any more of my misshapen homegrown strawberries for Harvest Monday, but I can't help it if they still coming on strong.
On the plus side, I now also have raspberries .  Here is the first punnet of many.  
Just in case your wondering what i have been doing with all those fresh strawberries, well as well as sharing them with the birds, I have recently made Strawberry Chilli Chia SeedJam, Trifle with fresh strawberries in the jelly, and Cinnamon Strawberry Crumb Bars, but now my head is turning to raspberry recipes and not just jam.

I am sharing these freshly picked raspberries (and strawberries) with Daphne's Dandelions for Harvest Mondays.  

10 comments:

  1. Those berries look delicious - there's no such thing as a boring homegrown strawberry! I just planted some raspberry canes this year & one of the first things I'll do with my first harvest next year (after eating a few bowlfuls straight from the garden!) is make your delicious fresh raspberry brownies...mmm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Margaret. Oh the raspberry brownies, yes they were a hit, must make them again - thanks for reminding me, I am always looking for new recipes to try, but then forget ones that were good too.

      Delete
  2. Ah, the strawberries are great no matter how mis-shapen. We all know how wonderful they taste. And now raspberries too. I know you are going to be whipping up amazing creations with those beauties too. Happy Harvest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lexa, so far - many of the raspberries have been eaten fresh with Greek yogurt.

      Delete
  3. Congrats on such a good harvest! Our 3 canes produces rather sporadically, and the fruit is often small, but enough to add to home made icecream or fruit salad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarojini. I hope your canes reward you more in the years to come.

      Delete
  4. Those are really pretty raspberries. I've been putting my raspberries in smoothies and muffins. Nothing terribly exciting, but yummy none the less.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Daphne. I think Smoothies is one way for me too.

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You