Wednesday, 22 July 2015

Cherry, Raspberry and Strawberry aka Three Berry Pancakes

I made these sweet little fluffy red berries pancakes at the weekend for lunch, yes lunch.

The raspberries and strawberries came from our garden and the cherries foraged by one of my neighbours who was chatting to D in the street as he parked his car.  The neighbour asked D a leading question 'Do you like cherries?....I tell you why.....we have loads' and before D knew it, he was bestowed with more than a bowl full.  
So gloriously red berries have been on the menu pretty much every day.  
Just look at how light, fluffy and puffy they look and they tasted superb too. 

Cherry, Raspberry and Strawberry Pancakes
Makes a lot - sorry lost count as we were eating them as they off hot from the pan
1 egg
140g self raising flour, 
1 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt
40g caster sugar
150ml -160ml milk
160g mixture of cherries (stone removed and cut in half), raspberries and strawberries (sliced thin)
Oil for the frying pan
In a large bowl, whisk the egg, then sift in the flour, baking powder and salt and tip in the sugar and whisk well to form a thick batter, then pour int he milk slowly whisking to form a clear batter (without lumps).
Leave to sit for an hour  for the baking powder to do its stuff
When ready to eat, heat a tablespoon oil in  large non stick frying pan.  
Using a tablespoon, drop in 1 -  2 tablespoons onto hot pan.
Carefully drop over the batter 4 - 6 pieces of berry, cook for a couple of minutes or until bubbles begin to appear on the surface, then flip over and cooking on the other side until golden.  
Continue this until all the batter and berry fruit is used up. 
Best served warm.


  1. They look lovely and yummy! I love fresh berries more than any other fruit.

    1. Thank you Audrey. You must try these then.

  2. those look great and your neighbour sounds like someone I would love to have living near me

    1. Thank you Johanna, the neighbours we have seem nice, I think it makes a difference when people actually own their homes, rather than rent them - then there appears to be more of a neighbourly vested interest in getting along, if you know what I mean - PS saying all that - we do our bit too, sharing some of the raspberries from the garden, and D has promised some tomatoes too.

  3. These triple berry beauties look delicious whatever time of day you have them! Thanks for entering them into Treat Petite

    1. Thank you Stuart. They are rather pretty, I agree

  4. I adore how thick your pancakes are... more pancake and fruit for each bite. They look sensational and a great way to get all those summer berries in... i'm looking forward to going home this weekend to visit my secret cherry trees and see what's in store! Thanks so much for the lovely link to Simply Eggcellent x

    1. Thanks again Dom. I was really pleased with how these puffed up. I hope this weekend is not that far away for you and those cherry trees reward you well for all your hard work.


If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You