Friday, 10 July 2015

Vegan Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies For Nephews and Nieces

I am very fortunate to have a bunch of nephews and nieces who are genuinely nice to their Aunt and Uncle.  I am really very fond of them all.  Now and again, I like to treat them to something sweet, they have been having their fair share of homemade and shop bought cakes recently, so for a change I decided to make them some cookies.  

Ordinarily they would have some vegetables in them, yes cookies with vegetables such as these Parsnip and Date Cookies, Celery Cookies and Carrot Biscuits or Cookies  - but I didn't want them to think I was a vegetable freak, but nor was I going to spoil them with chocolate chip ones, so I did a sneaky and made them all some super giant Peanut Butter vegan cookies.  So many children these days have nut allergies, I am really pleased to report that none of my nephews and nieces have any allergens.  
By the way, I did keep back a couple of cookies for myself and the big kid that is D.  

The recipe for these comes from Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar.  If you don't have the book, then here is a link to the recipe.  The only part I skipped was the additional chopped peanut coating.  I think the peanut butter flavour came through strong, so it was not necessary unless of course it was for visual reasons.  And in case your wondering what the dark brown splodges are on the cookies, its just baked brown sugar that I did not blend well. 

4 comments:

  1. I bet they love you! How nice to treat them with cookies. I don't know if i've made the PB ones - I always seem to stick to the same ones I've made before from that book. I need to branch out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they do, yes they do, how can they now I am so adorable I also made the Lemon bars, see a few posts back, they were awesome - what do you recommend to bake from the book?
      Thanks for your comment littleveganbear always lovely to hear from you.

      Delete
  2. I love PNB cookies - especially now; that they are vegan!
    Awesome, thank you, Shaheen.
    Have a Beautiful Day!
    Peace :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chandra, I am hoping to make more vegan cookies.

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You