Monday, 13 July 2015

National Botanic Garden of Wales

At the weekend we drove to the National Botanic Garden of Wales in Carmathenshire.  
So I warn you in advance, this blog post is jam packed with photographs of our garden walk,  enjoy. 









The Ghost Forest highlights deforestation and depletion of the worlds natural resources. 


 

The skies becoming a little dark and a little menacing.

I loved this sign of the happy working gardener.  I want one in my garden. 
Wowzer, look at the size of these cabbage, I may give them a go again next year
   I thought these were globe artichokes at first, but now I think they were cardoons. 
   And the biggest ever red gooseberries I will ever see, these were the size of golf balls, honestly.
I have some more pictures to share from the day, such as the Fungi Exhibition which was really interesting, but will share that in not too long - gives me an excuse to make a mushroom recipe

12 comments:

  1. Lovely photos, than you for posting Shaheen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lucky you are, Shaheen, to visit this lovely place!
    I enjoyed all the beautiful photos.
    I have never seen a red gooseberry - I bet it is delicious pickled or as a jam or in a pie.
    Have a Great Day!!
    Peace :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good day, though breezy. I've recently picked up a red gooseberry plan, its def. good for sweet crumbles

      Delete
  3. Looks wonderful, must visit there sometime. I have a red gooseberry bush but it won't fruit since moving from allotment to garden 😞

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess what I picked up a red gooseberry plant last week, its still in the post - I will put it in the ground later in the year. Hope yours fruits next year

      Delete
  4. Thrilled to see this as I met the good people from this Botanic Garden at Chelsea a few years ago and have wanted to go and visit ever since. Wales is sadly not close enough to London fo a day trip! Thanks for sharing.
    Looking forward to the mushroom recipe too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scarlett, so lovely to hear from you - its been a while, around this time last year I think when you made the raspberry brownie recipe. I do come by, honest - see Maud a lot in your blog posts. I wish for a dog of my own oneday. I've losts of mushroom recipes on my blog already, but will have a new one some time soon as I am looking for an excuse to post the mushroom exhibition pictures, they were pretty cool

      Delete
  5. Looks fab, I would love to visit it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a place I would love to visit...So glad you're keeping well, Shaheen. These photos were gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you e. I've got this w/e off too, was going to be working but have it off -so am wondering where we will go. Just hope its dry.

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You