Friday, 3 July 2015

Individual Mint Flecked Green Quiches

I made this so called Mint Flecked Green Quiche a couple of weeks back when D was bringing home asparagus bundles.  I had a few ideas as to what to do with the asparagus, but D requested quiche, as its not something I make that often.  

Well with it being Summer and all that, how can I refuse a dish that can be portable too, especially when you make them in individual pastry cases. 
D complimented that he could really taste the asparagus.  The peas were dotted here and there like green marbles and the mint, minced to its dear life - flecking the golden cheesy creamy topping. I personally found the Quiche incredibly rich and actually struggled to eat a whole one, even though it was served with a side of salad.
You could make this with any other green vegetable, but as asparagus and mint are in season, I chose to go with the flow. 

Asparagus, Peas and Mint Quiche
Makes 6 individual quiches or 1 large quiche
Blind baked shortcrust pastry lining 6 mall fluted tins
For the filling
Bundle of asparagus, chopped to fit tin, then blanched and drained
100g peas, blanched and drained
Handful of fresh mint, removed from the stalk and minced
250ml - 300ml double cream
3 eggs
80g cheddar cheese, grated
Salt and pepper to taste
In a bowl, pour the double cream, then whisk in the eggs and season to taste. Stir in the minced mint. 
Pour over the blind baked pastry that has been layered with the blanched asparagus and peas. Then scatter over the grated cheese.
Bake gas mark 4/180oc for 30 - 35 minutes or until golden. 
Allow to cool, before serving. 


  1. Quiche is the perfect summer picnic food. I wouldn't be without it at this time of year. I love the fresh-sounding minted version you have made here.

    1. Thank you Kate, One of thse days it will be on a gf pastry base - do you have any recommendation, that do not rely on faffing around with too many flours mixed into the base - in fact I should just come on over your blog and see you recipes.

    2. I still swear by my almond pastry. Just remember it doesn't need to be chilled before rolling and I have latterly discovered that it rolls even better when between 2 sheets of cling film. We love it!

  2. They are a perfect size for a picnic. I will try and make some.Thank you for the recipe.

    1. Your so welcome and Thank you Rosezeeta.


If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You