Tuesday, 30 September 2014

Raw Beetroot Coconut Halwa Heart Fudge

Bye Bye VeganMofo2014

Ultimately I signed up to VeganMofo for myself.  I really enjoyed it, though it was hard on days to come home from work and blog pretty much every single day in the month of September, but I think I just about managed it.  

I've stumbled upon some lovely new vegan blogs (thanks especially to VeganMofo Randomizer) and re-acquainted with some old fellow bloggers.  Its been nice; and most of all I have been inspired and have bookmarked a number of wonderful, innovative and delicious vegan recipes (many that I really cannot wait to make). 
To show my appreciation to the good people who organise VeganMofo every year, and all those bloggers that came along, especially those that that took time to leave a comment on my humble little blog, well I offer this Raw Beetroot - Coconut Halwa Hearts.  Thank you. Thank you so so much for welcoming this Welsh vegetarian into your warm VeganMofo arms. 
This is pretty much the same recipe as the Betroot 'Bounty' Bars, but here they are completely naked and raw Grrrrrr  served simply on a plate.  This is not a dessert to eat with your fingers, unless you want beet red fingers. Just enjoy every bite - its awesome!

Raw Beetroot and Coconut Halwa Hearts Fudge
Makes depends on the size of your moulds from 8 - 12
Ingredients
185g medium raw beetroot, peeled and roughly chopped
150g soft dates
50g dessicated unsweetened coconut
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Method
Put all the ingredients into a food processor (I used my Optimum 9400 Blender) and blitz, not to a puree though, more liked grated coconut until it comes together like a dough.  Scrape out into a bowl, and press into your chosen moulds.  Put in the fridge and allow to firm up in the fridge, preferably overnight.  
Remove from the moulds the following day and enjoy.
Keep refrigerated.  Consume with the week. 

13 comments:

  1. I love these! I need to get some cute little moulds too - they look fab.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for coming by VeganMofo and commenting on my posts littleveganbear, they have been most appreciated.

      Delete
  2. This may sound a little weird but I love beets! My husband finds it strange but great at the same time because they're so healthy. Hahah
    I'd love to make these sometime; I'm really curious on how they'd taste.

    vegcourtesy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah a little wierd :) but nothing wrong with it.. I hope you make these, I think you will like.

      Delete
  3. I've really enjoyed your vegan mofo posts - lots of food I really want to try and those ruby red hearts are a beautiful way to finish the month

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Johanna. Likewise, I've truly enjoyed your posts too.

      Delete
  4. I made them with home grown beets! They were just perfect! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Would love to see how yours turned out.

      Delete
  5. How gorgeous - and healthy, too! I'm going to make these :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely natural vibrant colour. Perfect for valentines day treat healthy too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've noted VeganMofo on Johanna's blog, but never really quite understood what it's about. Your beetroot coconut halwa, on the other hand, I completely understand and would be more than happy to share a heart or two with you. Gorgeous recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I think so too :) Re VeganMofo its about trying vegan food for a month, a bit like Veganuary, but def. not as strict. I didn't enjoy participating in either much recently for personal reasons - but I do tuck into lots of awesome vegan food.

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You