Tuesday, 2 September 2014

Some Original Vegan Welsh Recipes

I a little mift with blogger, I wrote an entire post with a new recipe that I created from scratch and it has got lost in blogosphere, not sure what happened, but I am really mift.  So instead of the post that I was originally going to share, I have decided to share some Welsh vegetarian recipes that happen to be vegan  and perfect to share during Vegan Mofo.  These are recipes that I have created over the years with Welsh ingredients including Laverbread - a seaweed.

I did mention yesterday that I would throw in some recipes inspired by my Welsh roots too, so why not now.  I've made a vegan Welsh Laverbread Caviar, but will save that to showcase later, but for now enjoy these and click on the link that will take you to the recipe and to the original post. 

By the way, did you know in Wales, we have our very own Valentines Day?  Yes we do - St Dwynwen's Day

You will also find Welsh Chilli Con Carne made with red peppers, white beans and leeks - the colours of the Welsh Flag in a bowl and a Welsh Dragon Pie
To end, I have a number of other Welsh recipes that I have made vegetarian, but have yet to be veganized (or that I have made them, but have not yet featured on my blog as of yet) such as the world famous Welsh Cakes Glamorgan Sausage; The Glamorgan Dog based on The Hot Dog, Welsh Vegetarian Haggis in a Lasagne, Welsh Pakoras aka the Onion Bhaji and even Welsh Rarebit Risotto. So watch this space this month as some of these will be making an appearance in vegan form. 

13 comments:

  1. I love your Welsh dragon cutter - unless of course you cut it out by hand! I'm especially looking forward to the veganising of the Welsh Rarebit Risotto, it sounds delicious! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jasmine, its a cutter, no way would I be able to cut out something this intricate. I have some vegan cheese from Vegusto, so hopefully that will work.

      Delete
  2. oh you have my sympathies re Blogger - it is so sensitive in deleting posts without a pop up window to say do you want to delete the whole post - but the bonus is seeing all your beautiful welsh cooking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Johanna, I read one of your most recent posts where you lost your post. Something wrong with it recently, I have not had an issue before, so thank goodness for the back up plan.

      Delete
  3. oooh, the pies look good, I feel we're coming close to pie season again which is nice... sorry about your lost post. This did actually happen to me on Sunday too, I wrote a whole post and blogger just wouldn't save it... made me scream in rage but I re-wrote it and actually it was a better blog the second time around... just needed some deep breaths to get there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dom. Def. pie season coming soon, tonights episode of GBBO is all about pies too. Thanks for your kind words re losting my blog post, so strange it happened to you recently too, something up with blogger for sure. I was too tired to re-write it to be honest.

      Delete
  4. How annoying your post got lost, hope you still have the recipe and manage to post it later! Love all the vegan Welsh recipes, I had no idea there was a Welsh Valentine's Day, how cool! Love the dragon leek soup, especially your dragon biscuit! -Caitlin at The Vegan Word

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Caitlin, sounds like a few bloggers have encountered this problem, so its not just my blog. So pleased you like my Welshie recipes, do you have a blog?

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Sara, its thanks to my dragon cutter.

      Delete
  6. Love the sound of Welsh dragon pie and that pic of the welsh cakes makes me want to go and make some now :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am hoping to make some Welsh cakes soon, a nephew has requested them, but what he does not know is that the ones he will receive this time round will be vegan, I wonder if he notices the difference.

      Delete
  7. Oh yum - this page is making me hungry. Just realised I haven't eaten yet today! Sorry to hear about your Blogger troubles - that's one of them many reasons I moved to self-hosted WP (which brings a whole host of new troubles, by the way!)

    ReplyDelete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You