Thursday, 18 September 2014

Autumnal Raspberry Chia Pudding for Breakfast

I've been ogling over Lucy The Kitchen Maid most recent blog post for Chocolate Coconut Chia Pudding and Sudha's Mango Chia Pudding.  Coincidentally last week, I made my own Chia Pudding with home grown Autumnal raspberries, as well as Raspberry Chia Jam (still to be posted).  

In the last year or so, in the U.K chia seeds have become the trendy ingredient with some food bloggers, especially as the ingredient has become more readily available.  I have a number of chia seed recipes bookmarked, but never seemed to get my mitts on the seeds or found them a little too expensive to bother with at the time, until last year when I was fortunate to find a packet of them in my 'vegan food swap' that came from Claire who blogs over GreatVegan Expectations; since then Chia seeds have found a place in my kitchen.  
One recipe that has been sitting in the background for years, 4 years in fact has been from Oh She Glows for Strawberry Chia Jam, since then many variations of it with both fruit and vegetables, (or combination of both) have appeared on blogosphere.  My lovely blogger friend Johanna of Green Gourmet Giraffe has beat me to it and recently made her own version of Strawberry Chia Jam  for VeganMofo2014. Please go on over and check out her lovely blog, I have been following her recipes and reflections ever since I started blogging; and she without fail continues to inspire me.
Well no Chia Jam today, instead I have a Autumnal Raspberry Chia Pudding to share.  I enjoyed this over the weekend for breakfast, though it felt more like a dessert eating out of this glass (trifle style) bowl.  It was rather a large portion for me, so I ate it slowly - over an hour.  It is very reminisce of sago and tapioca pudding, so if you dislike those, then perhaps this pudding is not for you, but you have to admit - it looks quite intriguing. 

6 comments:

  1. I've used chia as a gluten replacer, but never eaten it as a pudding. It does look very like tapioca but I love the use of raspberry alongside!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you must try it Kate, makes for interesting eating.

      Delete
  2. oh thank you for such lovely words about my blog - I have avoided chia seed jams because I thought I would not like the texture, not being a fan of sago pudding - but it is so good I am wondering about trying chia puddings - am curious about what is in yours - it looks so pretty in those fancy glasses

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so so welcome. I will post the recipe at the weekend, but it was soy milk, chia seeds, raspberries and maple syrup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shaheen,
    Having this for breakfast will only work, if I don't have to go to work :)
    Lovely idea!
    Peace :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chandra, I know what you mean. I enjoyed it on a day off from work, a lazy day at home.

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You