Saturday, 13 September 2014

Tamale for family and friends

This vegan Mexican Tamale dish is one that I make almost every month, sometimes twice.  Its a firm favourite with my husband and younger family members likes nephews and nieces.  Regular readers will have seen Tamale appear on my blog in different guises, as a pie see here and or served in individual dishes see here, often served with a lovely green salad. 

There will be days when we will have it for Saturday or Sunday brunch instead of a veggie fry up, but not this time.  I decided on making a much larger version that could be brought to the table. 
My brother is by no means a vegetarian, or vegan for that and would never dream of becoming either, I served him Tamale when he came over for a short visit that ended up being a couple of hours and he totally loved it.  He said he really did not note much difference between the soya mince or the real minced stuff.  I really do think this is one dish that meat-eaters would be more then happy to try, especially if they like a little spice too. 
For the recipe follow this link.  
The only thing to note is that this Tamale was made in a large casserole dish, the polenta flowers are optional.

10 comments:

  1. I have a similar casserole thought with cornmeal dumplings on top that I have been making since before I went vegetarian - love that sort of dish and I remember seeing yours and they always look delicious - especially with the pretty cornmeal flowers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Johanna. Time for casserole soon!

      Delete
  2. I think there are probably a lot of meat-eaters who THINK they don't like vegan fare. And probably some who couldn't tell the difference between soya mince and meat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. It really is good, and i so so recommend it. Please let me know if you do make it.

      Delete
  4. This looks awesome. I love the flowers - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sal. This recipe is one of my favourites.

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You