Thursday, 25 September 2014

Spiced Plum Chutney

Remember the plums that I harvested early last week, well here is one of the recipes that I promised to share - Spiced Plum Chutney, the other for Star Anise - Plum Sorbet will be shared hopefully tomorrow. 

We have mostly been enjoying the Spiced Plum Chutney in the evenings when we get the nibbles, but it would also be fantastic in a panini for lunch.  Its sharp, tangy with a little bit of spice that hits you unexpectedly. 
I've served this Spiced Plum Chutney here with Nairn oatcakes, but I have in the past made oatcakes from scratch.  Lots of time in fact , especially when I lived in Scotland such a Black Pepper Oatcakes, Chilli Oatcakes, Wild Garlic Oatcakes , and even Welsh Laverbread Oatcakes.
Recipe will be posted at the weekend.


  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, hope to write it up tomorrow.

  2. that sounds nice! I never make chutney, but i usually get a few jars as gifts through the year and that is enough to keep me going. I like the sweet-spicy combo!

    1. This chutney is one to enjoy within a couple of weeks, I did not put them in a jar, still I hope you like.


If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You