Monday, 8 September 2014

Cradling Monster Marrows and Zucchini

From my garden is this rather large courgette aka zucchini, its much bigger than the last one.  I did not cook with it, it was too big for us to consume, so I bestowed it upon my sister-in-law who would probably make some kind of curry with it or perhaps even Pakoras
And a lovely marrow, that will some time this week be cooked into something delicious I hope.  So as always if you have any lovely vegetarian recipes making the most of marrow, please do let me know. And Mark and Chandra if either of you are reading this, the green nail vanish is really a coincidence.  I had a weekend off from cooking, and like a girly squirly decided to paint my nails. 
Finally here are the only two golden courgettes that were harvested some time last week, but I didn't get round to sharing with Harvest Monday, so thought I would do so today.
I am sharing this small harvest with Daphne Dandelions for Harvest Monday.

14 comments:

  1. Ginormous! That big one could feed a family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An Extended family :) hence the reason it went over to my sister in law

      Delete
  2. Marrow or overgrown courgette and ginger jam - lovely delicate jam , delish!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you have a recipe link to share Fran. I would like to keep it in mind for the future.

      Delete
  3. Hi Shaheen, here is the link:
    http://simpleveganliving.wordpress.com/2014/08/11/overgrown-courgette-and-ginger-jam/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fran. I will bookmark it for next year, but who knows I may still even make it this year, I will let you know if I do.

      Delete
  4. Yummmm - pakoras. Haven't made those in a long time. I've mainly used cauliflower, onion, spinach, etc., in them & never thought to use zucchini. If I ever have that zucchini glut that many people talk about, I must keep that in mind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret, they are delicious - I totally recommend.

      Delete
  5. I used a huge one last year to grate up and freeze for soups and bread. They are a challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is HUGE! You could make the biggest ratatouille on the planet! My courgettes are just coming to an end now.....so sad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate, I am not a big fan of ratatouille. always found the veg over cooked. I will be in the garden tomorrow, to see if i have any more monster marrows, I have barely had any courgettes due to being a very bad gardener. Next year I hope to be better and more organised.

      Delete
  7. Nice marrow! I've made marrow and ginger jam before too. The recipe also had dried apricot. Haven't made it for a few years but I remember it being rather tasty and the marrow goes translucent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lou. I will keep it in mind for next year.

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You