Thursday, 11 February 2010

Coconut and Coffee Liqueur Cream Pots

I was given this recipe a few years ago by a friend as I had mentioned that I occasionally enjoyed drinking Kahlua. I have never made this kind of dessert before and as it was quite straightforward I decided to have a go at these a few days ago. These cream pots store well overnight in the fridge, so can be made in advance. I also think they would go down well after a heavy meal and they are really light and quite delightful on the tongue. Between the two flavours, I preferred the Kahlua (see previous post) and D preferred the Malibu especially the additional texture and flavour of the toasted coconut chips. Good thing I attempted both flavours.
Whoops I forgot to turn them out for your eyes, you will just have to take my word that they came out in tact. Coconut and Coffee Liqueur Cream PotsYou will need four ramekins
Ingredients
400ml sweetened coconut milk
½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
4 teaspoons of Kahlua or Malibu. I decided to make two of each flavour.
3 medium free range eggs, beaten
Optional: toasted coconut chips for topping
Method
Preheat oven to gas mark 4.
Heat the coconut milk gently with the vanilla. When it starts to boil remove it from the heat.
When cool enough, add coconut milk to the beaten eggs, beating continually.
Put about 1 teaspoon of Kahlua or Malibu into each ramekin, then pour the custard equally into the ramekins.
Place the ramekins in a deep baking tin, then pour hot water into the tin carefully around the ramekins, so that they are semi-submerged.
Place the pan in the oven and bake for 30 minutes, or until just set.
Allow to cool, then chill before running a small palette knife around the edges and inverting them onto a plate.

13 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous desert, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look very sweet and rich, I bet they taste lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds delightful! Peace, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mangocheeks (don't get cross) whispering: I've left you a blog award.

    http://kellasvegeplotandothermusings.blogspot.com/2010/02/its-my-1st-blogoversary.html

    Ok I'll go hide now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Maninas. The coconut flavour is recommended.


    Thanks Rachana.


    Thanks Jo. They were rich, but not particularly sweet. A good balance I think.


    Thanks Stephanie.


    I'm not cross with you Kella.
    I am Always humbled at being nominated for Awards. Thank you so much for thinking of me.


    Thank you So, so much Scented Sweetpeas :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, such a gorgeous, dreamy dessert!! I love kahlua too... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Astra.
    Yay for kahlua (now and again of course).

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks delicious! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. MMMMMMM,...georgous & ooh so tasty divine desserts!!

    Lovely!! Come over @ my latest post & pick up the award, I gave you!! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You