Sunday, 7 February 2010

The Butchers Cat

I was fond of Beryl the allotment cat (in my sidebar now removed) and I know many of you were too, playing with her as she purred, meowed and moved her paws. But as I no longer have reason to visit the allotment site, as I donot have an allotment plot. I have said my 'goodbyes' to her too.
In place of Beryl, there is now 'The Butchers Cat'. I know what some of you may be thinking, what a huge leap from a playful cat to one that can be a bit more claws, but this is a very good and creative awareness raising resource from the Vegetarian Society in the U.K. Please do go by and check it out the Butchers cat, she's actually quite playful, you'll see. NOW REMOVED AS INITIATIVE OVER.


  1. oh I am so sad to see beryl the feral has left the blog - I enjoyed playing with her. will try and have a look at this butchers cat - I understand the need to create awareness but it a shame beryl could not snuggle up in your kitchen with you now you are no longer on the allotment

  2. Oh my gosh, i must have missed the post that says you no longer have a plot! That is sad to hear, i enjoyed watching your veggies grow. Do you have any room at your house to grow anything?


  3. I'll go check for sure.I am not vegetarian though... :( but love animals.

  4. You know what? I thought I was already following your blog, but no! it was in my list of favourites! he!he!

  5. Oh Johanna, I am so touched to read your comment. I too am sad to see Beryl the feral leave. I too enjoyed playing with her. But she really did belong to the allotment, so I couldn't bring her into my kitchen as much as I may have wanted too. Fingers crossed maybe one-day i'll get my own pet, a doggie maybe :D
    Thanks you.

    Hi Rose,
    Yeah, unfortunately I lost my plot in a fire that was startd deliberately! I will continue to grow in my tiny garden plot at home, so yo will still read about my veggies growing, just not on the scale as I was previously.

    Welcome Patricia. It is a delight to have you over. Thank you so much you've made my evening. You know how much I enjoy reading your blog. Your blog truly is magical and mesmerizing. I have no doubt that some of my readers will come by and be enchanted.


If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You