Monday, 4 May 2009

Some progress in the garden plot

I decided not to go to the allotment today, I think I deserve the Bank holiday off, both from work and from the plot. Instead on this rainy day, I decided to go into the city centre for a little while, and then come home only to potter about in the garden.
These are some of the herbs I got from the garden centre yesterday, now potted up, except for the angelica, that will be going to the allotment plot.
Chives nearly in flower, good for the wildlife, especially the bees. I am looking forward to seeing them when they come.
The garden plot is looking good too, especially the garlic and shallots which are coming along fantastically!

These wild flowers, have been growing on the side of my 'cottage' flat. I think they are some kind of yellow poppy but I'm not too sure. Pretty though.


  1. I love garden centers. It looks like you found some neat things!

  2. I think that's a welsh poppy - very pretty!

  3. Oh that's lovely to know. Welsh poppies following this welsh girl in Scotland. Wonder what the Scottish neightbours will think of this?


If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You