Friday, 1 May 2009

Paris Je T'aime

We, the royal we got married last year in October and did not get the opportunity to go honeymooning for a number of reasons, but now the time has come, so we will be going on our belated honeymoon to Paris. I have never been to France, so am quite excited, but I have been told by a number of people that Paris is a world of it's own, very different from the rest of France.

While in Paris, I won't be doing too much of the tourist expedition thing, such as the Eiffel Tower - I will be happy to see that from a distant. I am more interested in wandering the streets, visiting the outdoor markets, feeling the culture, tasting the food.

So, if any of you lovely people have any recommendations of vegetarian establishments, food places or community gardens worth a visit, please do let me know.

For now I will start researching the web and practising my french, I wish I had focused more when I was at school.


  1. I love Paris, and France in general. I hope you have a wonderful trip. I would recommend going to the markets, the bakeries, and eating crepes in a tiny crepe place. There is so much amazing food in Paris that you'll be overwhelmed with all the options! (I hope!) When are you going?

  2. We will be going in the middle of next week.

    Its a budget holiday. I had the choice of other European cities for my honeymooning experience, but I chose Paris. Let's see if it lives up to its reputation. I get contadictory messages: the media portrayal of it very political, and the film industry: very romantic through movies like Amelie and Paris Je T'aime. I want to experience it for myself, and much of it will be through the food, the markets and my interactions with the french people.


If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You