Saturday, 30 May 2009

Farmshop

This morning we had decided to go to the farmers market, but got our day mixed up as there were no stalls there. So on impulsive we decided to drive out to Helensburgh, and stop on route at Ardardan farm shop in Cardross. It was a long slow drive, as it appeared many people had decided to hit the road because of the unusual hot weather and head to the seaside in Largs.
When we arrived at the farm shop. George the cheese man was holding a cheese tasting stall and promoting a number of local Scottish cheeses. We tasted quite a few and were persuaded on purchasing two: Lanark Blue and Strathdon Blue. I also purchased jam: pomegranate and lime, a flavour you don't come by that often. We also stopped at the coffee shop and had a bite to eat. I decided to have a stilton cheese panini with mango and ginger chutney; and D the demi veg by association had a Tuna melt.
This blackboard sign is in the farm shop made me smile to myself, I thought you might be interested in reading it too.
What I like about Ardardan farm shop is it is a pleasant place to stop by, it has a cafe, a farm shop and nursery garden centre. But also a small farm where you can view some of their animals. The goats, the sheep, the chicken coop and the Highland cattle.
 Then we drove back to spend an hour or so to water the thirsty plants at the plot. No work there today, its too hot.

2 comments:

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You