Sunday, 10 May 2009

Paprika cauliflower with broad beans

Aren't food blogs great?! The way other foodies inspire you and share recipes with you to recreate at home.

I thank Michele at Veggie Num Num who has a love for the taste of cauliflower and for sharing this awesome recipe. I pretty much followed the recipe, but doubled on the spices and changed the smoked paprika for just plain old paprika. It was delicious! If you haven't checked out Michele's blog please do, you won't regret it.

I served this dish with some potatoes and broad beans (podded from its outer skin). The broad beans were my own would you believe it. I found them buried at the bottom of the small freezer, along with Autumn raspberries from last years harvest. The broad beans still tasted good, but fresh is best. I need to make an effort and put dates on food I freeze in the future.

Paprika cauliflower
Serves 4
1 medium cauliflower, cooked and chopped coarsely
75g mature cheddar, grated
4 tablespoons of sour cream
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
Black pepper to taste

Preheat oven to gas mark 6

Stir all the ingredients, except for the cheese into a bowl. Then tip into an oven proof dish and cover with cheese. Cook in oven for 15 minutes or until warmed through and the cheese melting and golden.


  1. I am so glad you liked this; your version looks gorgeous!! Thank you so much for mentioning my blog. I am jealous that you have fresh broadbeans! They are SO expenisve here.

    I will add you to my blog list this afternoon. I should have done it sooner!

  2. No problem mentioning your blog at all. You have certianly been a source of inspriation to me, esp when it comes to cooking with cauliflower. I mentioned you before when you inspired me to cook cauliflower early this month.

    Please don't be jealous, my broad beans were not fresh, I grew them last year and froze them.

    PS please don't be obliged to add me to your blog list, I am happy in the knowledge that your a regular reader of my blog. A huge compliment!

  3. I don't feel obligated! Your blog has so much great information! What I really want to do is redesign my blog so that I have several tabs across the top that lead to different features. I'd like to have all my personal information, my blogroll, the baking clubs, and all things like that on one page. I have to find someone to help me with the design.

  4. Thanks Michele,

    Good luck with the redesign of your blog.


If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You