Tuesday, 7 April 2009

Greek yogurt and rhubarb

This is the forced rhubarb growing in my garden plot. Naughty, naughty me couldn't resist a peek, and in peeking I knocked off a rhubarb stalk (see it there laying on it's back). Oh well an unexpected dessert for me to enjoy later this evening.
I gently placed the plastic bin back over it, hopefully I have not disturbed it too much.
I chopped the rhubarb stalk into small pieces with a scattering of caster sugar and then baked it in the oven for 20 minutes, until it was cooked through. I allowed it to cool and served it with some generous dollops of Greek yogurt.
Forced rhubarb is so delicate, so brilliantly pink and tastes so different from the naturally grown rhubarb. For those of you who do not like rhubarb, I would recommend you try forced rhubarb. I think you may just like it. It does not have that sharp twang that makes your eyes squint as soon as you put it into your mouth. It is sublime.

4 comments:

  1. oh! OH! OHHHH!!! I love rhubarb & I love your rhubarb pudding photos. When are you starting your pudding company?
    Flower Power Girl's future mother in law

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos of the rhubarb pudding photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello FlowerPower Girls future mother in law.
    Thank you so much! You have made my day!

    ReplyDelete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You