Sunday, 5 April 2009

Long day at the plot

Today I caught up with some seed planting. I also helped D dig his plot. We arrived at 10.30am and left at around 5pm. Long day. There were quite a lot of people around, some of the overgrown plots have also been given to some new plotholders, so it was nice to see them being worked on as well.

Seeing that my hut seems to attract some unwanted attention, I thought I would share some images of what my hut looks like on the inside.
A two ringed camping cooker for making tea, coffee, warming soup, and the occasional egg roll. Handy on long, long working days, and a real luxury on a rainy day.
My many soup mugs, and cups for when visitors come by. The goofy mug was a handmade gift from one of my nephews in Wales. I never drink from it.
Various root, vegetables and fruit posters on the wall. These came free with the Guardian about two years ago. I found this toy house being thrown away by one of the neighbours, I asked could take it away and recycle it, my neighbour looked at me quite bemused, but agreed, afterall it would only go to the tip. In my head the idea was to give it a coat of wood paint and then turn it into a bird house. Lucky birds!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You