Tuesday, 28 April 2009

Female bloggers: sounds like a PhD proposal

I was talking to some colleagues at work today about the phenomenon of blogging which was likened by some of them to the traditional diary. However, unlike the paper diaries that contain private feelings and observations and are ultimately only for the eyes of the owner. The web blog is so different in that it is an open on-line diary allowing the blogger to use it much more widely, to express and share their creativity with appreciative on-line readers.

One of my colleagues asserted that blogging was akin to mobile phone texting, it is predominantly technology oriented towards females. Do you think there is any truth in this observation? I am still thinking about it. To some extent I agree, as the majority of the blogs I have come across are written by females. it's got me thinking...


  1. Interesting question. I suspect it depends on the topic of the blog. I work in the technology domain and the majority of blogs there seem to be written by men although this may just reflect the proportion of men in the industry. Numbers seem to be more balanced in the allotment blogging sphere though I have barely scratched the surface.

  2. Yeah, I think maybe it does depend on the topic of the blog.

  3. I agree, I think that it really depends on the subject. Most tech blogs seem to be written by men, still. Food blogs, mainly women, but also lots of men.


If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You