Wednesday, 22 April 2009

Forced rhubarb cheesecake

I saw the Rhubarb cheesecake on a fellow bloggers blog about a month ago, and I couldn’t wait to make a variation of this cheesecake with my own allotment grown rhubarb. But my impatience and greed got the better of me. I had decided to make it with the forced rhubarb growing in the garden.
So here it is...
I am well chuffed. It looks great, then you cut into it with expectations to see the pinkness of the rhubarb, but there is barely colour against the creaminess of the cheese.

Although quite light and enjoyable to eat, especially the day after, it lacked that tang and sharpness you expect to get from rhubarb. So I have promised D to make this again, this time with allotment grown rhubarb, not forced rhubarb. Forced rhubarb should be enjoyed as a compote I think. Oh the lessons I am learning this week. I will post my variation of the recipe on my next attempt.


  1. This looks really delicious. I love cheesecakes, but have never even considered rhubarb cheesecake. I'm sure your next version will be even better!

  2. Thanks Michelle. I hope the next one is even better too.

  3. Oh, something yummy to try with our rhubarb next year. Thanks for sharing your post with Grow Your Own.


If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You