Saturday, 4 April 2009

A little disheartened

I had worked the early shift today, so decided to go to the allotment and plant some seeds and do some digging as the weather was not too bad.

When I got to my plot, I realised that someone had broken into my hut. This is the third time this has happened to me. The first time was about two years ago, some young boys who were being chased by the police had jumped over into the allotment site and were trying to hide their drugs. They decided to hide them in my hut, fortunately other plot holders were on the site so they were arrested there and then. The second time, someone on the plot 'helped' themselves to some of my stuff, including outdoor chairs, garden table and umbrella. I was not the only victim, this also happened to a number of other plot holders, including the mother and daughter who have their plot behind me. They had their water butts stolen, these were no ordinary water butts, these were those expensive ones designed to look like barrels. They had their suspicions about a certain individual, but had no hard proof.

Today, my hut was broken into again but nothing was taken. Strange. As the afternoon unfolded, I noted that a large piece of wood had been taken from my plot. I then found out that the factory that backs onto the allotment site had its emergency exit door broken into. It was alleged by the factory owner who was waiting for CIA to arrive that the thief had access to the allotment site, as they had broken entry into the factory via the allotment, and had used wood from my plot to barge and break through the factory door.

I don't know who it is that has broken into my hut, and do not really want to speculate, but it is tied to the break in of the factory. I am just a little bit disheartened today.

2 comments:

  1. V sorry to hear about the break in. I hope that you get to the bottom of it and that the culprit mends their ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks you FlowerPowerGirl. I am feeling a little better today. These things happen and we just have to remain optimistic.

    ReplyDelete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You