Friday, 28 August 2015

Sweet and Savoury Glorious Reds

Welcome to August's round up of The Vegetable Palette and Fruit Palettenatures colours - natures goodness''. 
The theme for August was Glorious Reds.  (Please scroll to the bottom of the page for the new theme if you would like to take part this month).  

First up we Janet from the Taste Space with Jamaican Spiced Plantain and Tofu Skewers. the red here are the peppers.
Tracy from Its Not Easy Being Greedy brings to the table a rustic and very homely Gooey Cheese Eggplant (Aubergine) Bake inspired by Aubergine Parmigiana.   The red comes from the tomatoes - tinned and fresh.
Jen from Chadonnay & Samphire shares with us Gluten Free Tomato, Basil and Red Onion Tart.
My own savoury red contribution were these Cherry Tomato and Courgette Quiche Tartlets.
Caroline Makes with these lovely Strawberry and White Chocolate Blondies .  Go on by and check out the finished product, you'll want a bite. 
Caroline also shared a Vegan Meringue made with aquafaba. I've been experimenting with aquafaba too and made an Eton Mess Meringue. 
And finally, Choclette from Tin and Thyme presents us with a stunning vegetarian Strawberry Blancmange.  Awesome or what?!

If you would like to participate in the Vegetable Palette or even the Fruit Palette, then please follow this link on how to participate.  The theme for September is Purples and Blues  - If you want inspiration - Check out last years submissions 


  1. ooh those little tarlets look amazing.

  2. Lovely round up Shaheen. Sorry I missed it. I had a lovely recipe full of red, but sadly I didn't get time to post before closing! Oh well....

    1. Oh that's okay Kate, I am missing out on entering loads of challenges too, hope you will participate in September in either #EatYourGreens or #FruitPalette / #VegetablePalette

  3. What a great recipe collection again! It's a shame that I didn't manage to participate this month, due to holidays etc. I think my today's post, Red kidney bean and tomato salad, could've been entered, but I just missed the deadline. I'll be posting next month again. :)

    1. Thanks VegHog. Its okay, we all need our holidays. Your right, the Tomato Salad would have been perfect, but never mind. Hope you can participate next month, a little bit of a challenge - PURPLE AND BLUES!


If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You