Sunday, 16 August 2015

Dyffryn Gardens

When we are not working, gardening or doing housy stuff, we try and make the most of our weekends.
Yesterday we went to Dyffryn Gardens pronounced Duffryn - National Trust.   Its a hidden oasis just Outside the hustle and bustle of Cardiff.   
Plan of the Edwardian garden and grounds
Dyffryn House, a grand Victorian mansion from various angles below
Spotted loads of gorgeous Dragonflies, but capturing one for a photograph was hard, but amazing to watch.  


Walk around the gardens and grounds and its many paths 
Stunning colours 
Is this amaranth?
The vegetable garden
The Potting Sheds

Finally the greenhouse, where this warrior was guarding grapes - yes, some of us can grow grapes in Wales.  
The sign said these black Hamburg grapes were going to be harvested for next weekend and available to purchase from the shop next week. 
The sign said they were going to be harvested for next weekend, but I can't see us driving back there next week to get some. Well I  hope you enjoyed a peek of Dyffryn Gardens through these photographs.


20 comments:

  1. What wonderful gardens! There are some beautiful plants aren't there. Your photo of the dragonfly in flight is amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy, just wish it had stopped for a moment and posed for us.

      Delete
  2. Wow, lovely photos, Shaheen, and a beautiful place by the look of things. I'd love to be able to roll around there and see all of that in person. Best to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband was teasing me to roll down one of the hills, I did not - wish I did though :)

      Delete
  3. What a phenomenal garden, Shaheen!
    Loved your photos of the skies, statues and especially the Sundial!
    Have a Wonderful Day!
    Peace :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty gardens, Shaheen. Interesting to see the old potting shed, and how lovely to see that dragonfly. Best wishes, Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara. You should have seen the number of pots they had there - loads!

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful place, well worth some time away from your own garden to see that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the tour Shaheen. What an amazing house. I can't even imagine owning something so grand. And, as you would expect, I was so pleased to see the lovely dahlia pictures too! I think I could live in that potting shed, its massive :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your very welcome Lexa - do you know how excited I get when I get a comment from you. The potting shed is fab, but the garden was pretty awesome too - shame I didn't take many pics of the veg - a bit of veg envy

      Delete
  7. I've been past these gardens a few times but never been in. It looks like I've missed a treat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Matt,
      You never know you may come by this direction again in the future. I will certainly be visiting again, with family and friends - esp as we are now members of the National Trust

      Delete
  8. NT membership is handy, isn't it? We were given some for a present and are really enjoying exploring lots of different places.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly is Matt. We were members of the National Trust in Scotland, but did not renew it when we moved to Wales a couple of years ago - we only joined recently, though the places in Wales are a bit of a distant, we will still make the most of it.
      Thanks.

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You