Thursday, 27 August 2015

Sweet Potato 'Halwa' Muffins with Popping Blueberries

Homegrown blueberries stud this sweet potato muffin
These may not look much to look at, but my oh my they tasted gorgeous.  They were dense, but in a good way and not dry at all.  
I describe them as 'Halwa' as that is what the texture of these muffins reminded me of, especially when they were splendidly still warm.  I am sharing this with CookBlogShare from Hijacked By Twins, this week it is being hosted by SneakyVeg.

Sweet Potato Muffins with Blueberries
Makes 12
330g Self raising flour, sifted
180g sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 egg
350g cooked and mashed sweet potato
260ml vegetable or sunflwoer oiil
A good handful of fresh blueberries
Preheat oven to gas mark 5/200oc
In a bowl, sift the flour, then stir in the sugar and cinnamon.
In another bowl, whisk the egg, then stir in the oil and mashed sweet potato and stir well to combine.
Add the wet ingredeints to the dry and combine well, stir in the blueberries until no dry flour is showing.
Spoon into prepared muffin tins lined with paper cases.
Bake on middle shelf for 20 - 25 minutes until golden or until a skewer comes out clean, no signs of wet batter.


  1. Sweet Potatoes and blueberries sounds like a fantastic combination

    1. They certainly are. I have been bringing home sweet potatoes over the past couple of months, whats that all about - don't know, but I am turning out some deliciousness for my belly.

  2. ...those look yummy...and easily veganized...

    ~Have a lovely day!

    1. Thanks Teresa. You know most of my if not vegan, can easily be veganised, so I am pleased you like.

  3. Lovely!! I do like things with blueberries in! xx

  4. Now this is my kind of recipe - using veg in desserts and cakes is something I'm doing more and more. We always seem to have a bag of sweet potatoes in the cupboard at the moment as our baby can't get enough of them so this is definitely one to try. Thanks for joining up with #cookblogshare this week.

    1. Thanks Mandy. I can see the appeal of sweet potatoes for little ones.


If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You