Thursday, 20 August 2015

Beetroot Horseradish Relish and Potato Salad

I've had this Beetroot and Horseradish Relish bookmarked as soon as I saw it.
It was an entry for the Seasonal Vegetable: Blushing Pinks challenge.  The original recipe for Fresh and Punchy Beetroot Relish comes from Katie who blogs over at Feeding Two Boys and a Firefighter.  The colour is pretty spectacular, but then of course it would be - its beetroot.
I followed the recipe, only leaving out the sugar and parsley, as I did not have any to hand on the day.  Its a versatile relish, good on Black Bean burgers or just on the side of a buffet style plate.  

As you can see, I also stirred some of the Beetroot Relish with baby potatoes for a working lunch.  I am sharing this with Tinned Tomatoes for No Croutons Challenge, that Jac co-hosts with Lisa's Kitchen.
Beetroot Horseradish Relish 
Inspired and adapted very slightly from Feeding Boys
250g cooked beetroot, roasted or boiled and diced
1 small red onion, minced
3 - 4 tablespoon horseradish sauce
1 tablespoon lemon flavoured olive oil
Pinch of salt
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and stir well.  Tweak and adjust seasoning if necessary.  
Optional: add boiled new potatoes to relish to make a salad.


  1. Oh wow I love it when people make my recipes... that looks fantastic and vivid :-)

    1. Thanks Katie, it was LURVELY, do hope others will make it at home.


If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You