Monday, 17 August 2015

Little Red Tomatoes and Zucchini

I think my brassica's have been lost to the white cabbage butterfly, our fault really as we have not got round to covering them with netting. Plus when the weekend comes, I don't seem to be spending much time in my own garden, finding reasons and time to explore other gardens, on a much more grander scale

I do however have a small harvest to share.   
Some zucchini aka courgettes and some cherry tomatoes.
Last week I harvested about the same amount and made these Individual Cherry Tomato and Zucchini Quiches. These however, will be used for something different as I do like experimenting and trying out different vegetable based recipes. 
I also have some foraged cooking and eating apples from a place nearby.  These were windfall so I gathered up those that looked in relatively good nick.  I am sharing these with Daphne's Dandelions for Harvest Monday. 

12 comments:

  1. Such pretty zucchini. We have some apple trees on park land that I ought to check out in September or October. I've always wondered if those apples would be any good. Typically around here if you don't protect them, apples are all insect ridden. Though that is just the local wisdom. I've never checked it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Daphne,
      If the apples are not picked up here from a recent windy weather, then yes, they do get insect ridden. Natures compost I guess.

      Delete
  2. The cabbage butterflies seem to be voracious in your garden, I find them but they rarely do that much damage. I would never have guessed those apples are windfalls if you hadn't said.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are, our place back onto a forest - so the wildlife loves it, which we love too, just not the butterflies voracious appetite for our brassicas (sad face). I know - the apples are fab and I was pleased, hope to go blackberry foraging this weekend.

      Delete
  3. They all look so delicious.
    I hope I don't scare them with my voracious appetite :)
    Have a Happy Week!!
    Peace :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chandra.
      Voracious indeed.

      Delete
  4. Looks as though you are having a good harvest! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy, not as good as we would like, but its something.

      Delete
  5. Envious of the zucchini, of course & also the apples - what a wonderful find! No apples from our garden yet as we just planted the trees this year, but can't wait to go apple picking with the family this fall. Fresh apples from the tree really can't compare to those in the shops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Margaret. Hope you get some good apples come the fall. Your right fresh apples from the tree - can't beat them.

      Delete
  6. Windfalls can be great for cooking and baking!

    ReplyDelete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You