Thursday, 25 August 2011

Vegetarian 'Chorizo' Potato Tortilla

Another dish I made with the vegan 'chorizo' seitan sausages was Potato Tortilla.  Well I did say, they were versatile. 
I was rather pleased with the finished result beautifully sliced and presented on a plate.  As not only was the 'chorizo' homemade, but the potatoes were homegrown potatoes and served it alongside homegrown salad leaves.  This made me happy, plus it was utterly delicious that I had to share it with my readers. 

Not only did we have it for lunch, the left overs were lovely for breakfast too.

Vegetarian 'Chorizo' Potato Tortilla
Serves 4 - 6
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion, sliced
4 - 6 medium potatoes, thinly sliced (preferably with a mandolin)
Salt and pepper to taste
1 log of vegetarian chorizo (homemade or shop bought), sliced
5 eggs, beaten
Heat oil in a frying pan measuring about 9 inches with high sides.  Heat oil, add the onion and cook until soften, then add in the potatoes and cook for about 10 - 15 minutes until they are beginning to soften and turn golden, flipping them now and again.  Season with salt and pepper, then stir in the chorizo and stir.  Then gently pour in the eggs, reduce the heat and allow to set. When it appears set and no longer soft in the middle.  Cover the frying pan with a plate or lid and invert the potato tortilla over onto the plate or lid.  Then gently slide the upturned potato tortilla back into the frying pan. Increase the heat and cook the tortilla for a few more minutes. Transfer the potato tortilla onto a large serving plate and serve either warm or at room temperature.


  1. Yum! I'm starting to think I like veggies after all! Potatoes are divine, especially in curry...

  2. Thank you Sumaiyyah.
    You can't go wrong with Potatoes!


If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You