Tuesday, 16 August 2011

Snippets of The Edinburgh Festival Fringe

On Sunday, we went into Edinburgh for the good weather and the annual Edinburgh Festival that attracts people from all over the world.  It the one time in the year that Scotland streets albeit Edinburgh streets, become truly ethnically and culturally diverse and it is openly, happily and warmly accepted.
Sadly we didn't stay there for too long to sup up the 'feel good energy', but here are a few photographs that D snapped.


Not a good day to be collapsing the city - no seriously - people will just walk by and think its a performance!

A character from the movie Lost In Translation me finks!
The festival ends at the end of the month, so there is a possibility we may go back again and take our time.

8 comments:

  1. Huh, charlie Chaplin to add a bit of fun to the whole festival.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. We go every year, but I am less keen to go with Cooper. It is so busy and he is so wee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice combo ...looks yum n healthy ....and nice pics ...thanks for dropping by my blog ..keep in touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. FABULOUS! Thanks for sharing so I could get to see what it was like this year!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. edinburgh is one of my favourite cities but i don't think i've been there when the fringe is on (i'm sure i'd remembered that;). one day...! i've been there during the tattoo though, not really my cup of tea...

    actually this year is the first year (i think it starts next week) of the stockholm fringe, it'll be nice to see what that brings

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know if I'll get to visit during the Fringe festival, but my husband and I are currently saving money for a house and for a proper vacation, which will hopefully include Edinburgh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm afraid I avoid Edinburgh during the festival, it's just so busy. Glad you enjoyed your day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pics, never been to the city during the Festival . I remember Mum & Dad taking us on holiday to a caravan somewhere near Burntisland in the 70s and catching the train into Edinburgh to go to the Tattoo ... Will try and get up there again soon
    Jane

    ReplyDelete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You