Friday, 24 December 2010

Cold Christmas

Some of you may have already detected from reading my blog that I will not celebrating Christmas this year.
Sadly it is not the merriest of times for us. The reason for this is my father in law died unexpectedly a couple of months ago. This year there is no Christmas tree, no presents and no crackers to pull. We will of course still be cooking and be eating, but no one will be celebrating at this sad time for us.

Tomorrow when Christmas day comes, I know with every tick of the clock our thoughts will be on my mother in law spending her first Christmas without her husband. There is nothing we can say or do to ease the pain, except just be there for her. I am also mindful that my husband has lost a father, his role model; and I, a dear father in law.