Here are a few things dangling of my Christmas tree. A ladybird, strawberry and a fiery chilli ornament, they are actually all key rings made by an organisation called Streetwires in South Africa. I got mine early in the year from a fairtrade event. I think they are quite versatile and suit the allotment to kitchen theme.Sunday, 13 December 2009
look...theres a ladybird in my Christmas tree
Here are a few things dangling of my Christmas tree. A ladybird, strawberry and a fiery chilli ornament, they are actually all key rings made by an organisation called Streetwires in South Africa. I got mine early in the year from a fairtrade event. I think they are quite versatile and suit the allotment to kitchen theme.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That's a cute idea. I am going to look around my house and see if I can find something interesting to hang on my tree. I am thinking kitchen utensils with red ribbons!
ReplyDeleteThose are SO beautiful!
ReplyDeleteBee Happy!
Sweetsue, that sounds like a really neat idea, I have a a mini whisk and a nutmeg grater, think I may just tie them with red ribbons too.
ReplyDeleteThank you Pam. I am pleased with them.
That is a good idea, I particularly like the lady bird!
ReplyDeleteThanks Clare.
ReplyDeleteI was even thinking hanging some cookie cutters, esp those with Christmas theme: Christmas tree, angel and a little star.
What a fantastic idea! They look so adorable, I love them all:)
ReplyDeleteooo thats a good idea! I might copy that if thats ok!
ReplyDeleteThanks Oraphan.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy and copy away, Clare.
I have two ladybugs just like yours, Mango. I was surprised to see them! I have a penpal who lives in The Netherlands who loves to travel and is very global-conscientious and she sent them to me from one of her trips to Zimbabwe. She bought them from a street vendor there. They are sitting on my windowsill, although they might like to cozy up to my Christmas tree. How nice we share something. :)
ReplyDeleteBarbara.
ReplyDeleteOh I am so pleased to read that, you know exactly how lovely they are. Do please put them in your tree!
cute decorations - and I love the idea of using key rings as christmas tree ornaments (if only Sylvia wasn't systematically destroying all my key rings)
ReplyDeleteThanks Johanna.
ReplyDeleteI don't have any 'little feet and curious fingers' in my home yet, but totally understand where your coming from.