Wednesday, 8 December 2010

Splattering of Sauces

Here are some sauces and dips I made to accompany the chickpea chips and fries.

Delicious as it was, the only one that did not work well with the chips was the Horseradish cream. I think it would compliment roasted winter vegetables much better.

The other three were excellent. The coriander and soured cream was cooling and refreshing. The Jalapeno Tomato dip both sweet and spicy. I will certainly be making it again. I think it would be great with tortilla crisps and finally the Mojo sauce. The Mojo sauce was the hottest.
(Top left) Horseradish cream (Top right) Mojo sauce (Bottom Left) Jalapeno Tomato dip and (Bottom right) Coriander and Soured Cream

Mojo sauce
4 - 6 fresh red chillies
1 teaspoon freshly ground cumin
2 cloves garlic
½ teaspoon paprika
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
Cut the chillies in half and remove the seeds. Rinse them under cold water, then cut them into pieces. Blend all the ingredients either with a handheld blender or blending machine. If the sauce is to thick, adjust with a little olive oil and vinegar.

Horseradish cream
300ml sour cream
4 tablespoons horseradish sauce
Salt to taste
Mix all the ingredients together.

Coriander and Soured cream
300ml sour cream
1 – 2 garlic cloves
Handful of coriander leaves, stalks removed, roughly chop
Salt to taste
Blend all the ingredients in a processor. Season with salt to taste

Jalapeno tomato dip
400g tinned tomatoes
50g pickled green jalapeno chillies
1 – 2 cloves garlic
½ teaspoon salt
Blend all ingredients in a blender. Season with salt to taste.


  1. Those sauces sound yummy :). I love sour cream, so the horseradish & coriander ones definitely look great to me ;).

  2. That jalapeño tomato dip sounds so very tasty. I think I could just eat that off the spoon.

  3. They all look wonderful, and I would like to try the horseradish one... I wander if I could get horseradish here...

  4. Thanks Charlie.

    Thanks Mama.
    I have to admit I did eat some straight off the spoon :)

    Thanks. I used a jar version here, as I have great difficulty getting the fresh.


If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You