Friday, 23 October 2009

First Wedding Anniversary

A year ago I married my best friend D. and I officially became a Mrs. Today is our first Wedding Anniversary.
We decided not to hire a professional photographer, so I don’t have many wedding photographs. But please let me share these few with you. These were snapped by my nephew. The weather on my wedding day was truly dismal. If you look closer at this picture you can just about make out a raindrop splashing on the pavement. Regardless of the weather the day was lovely, made even more lovely by the attendance of family and some close friends.
Once upon a time, I would never ever have considered novelty figurines for any cake of mine, let alone my wedding cake. But with age, I have become much more comfortable in my skin, more laid back and able to laugh at myself.
My wedding dress, jewellery and bouquet were all gifts from my mother who was so glad that her daughter finally got wed. Mothers 'ay. If it wasn't for her, I probably would have just turned up in a skirt and blouse. I am also forever grateful to my nephews who made the day even more special for me, trying to make me laugh throughout, when the pressure of organising a wedding got too much. I will hold such memories dear.


  1. Aww a big congrats on your 1 year anniversery! I wish you had a photo of your whole dress, it looks so lovely in that first photo! The colour is adorable. It must have been a big dissapointment about the weather, such a shame, its great you still were so positive about it though.
    The cake is lovely, i do love the figures, its so great how they can personalise them isnt it.


  2. Congrats to you both! i love love love the first photo!

  3. Aaaaw, happy anniversary! We're heading for our 3rd one and I can honestly say it just keeps getting better & better!

  4. Congratulations, Mango and D, on your first anniversary! I really like the photos you shared because they hint at what you described to be as a special day in your life. The colors, and your dress, light up the gray day. I, too, married my best friend, only decades ago. May you have many, many more together. Maybe now's the day to try that glass of Chianti to celebrate!

  5. How delightful.

    Happy Anniversary to you both, Mr & Mrs Mangocheeks!

    Love Love
    Love Life

  6. Congratulations...

    Everything in the photos looks so pretty. Every word written is meaningful.

    Wishing you and "your Mr." a long and very happy life together. As prettily and lovingly happy as the top photo in the post "Strawberry Ice Roses."

  7. Many congratulations to both of you!

  8. Wishing you a very happy wedding anniversary MC and D. Enjoy the trip down memory lane and I'm sure you'll be cooking up some tasty delights to mark the occasion. A little cake perhaps?
    Nic x

  9. That first shot is amazing! Looks like it could be out of a magazine, very art house. Congratulations on your first year of marriage!

  10. Congratulations!
    Best wishes to you both.
    Hope you had a wonderful day.

  11. Happy Anniversary! Your wedding looks lovely!!

  12. Congratulations! Have a lovely special day together, its the best thing ever to marry your best friend! Happy wishes to you both on your first anniversary x

  13. Thank you to each and Every One of You.

    Each of your kind wishes have been accepted as an Anniversary gift.

    Thank you for the warm and fuzzy feeling. I am really overwhelmed.

  14. Happy Anniversary! Your cake is fabulous, along with the little we can see of your dress. Hope you have many more happy years together.

  15. Happy Anniversary! All those beautiful photos are so precious. Thank you for sharing such a wonderful post! I really LOVE it:)

  16. Happy 1st anniversary, here's wishing you many more.

  17. Thank you Nicisme.

    Thank you Oraphan.

    Thank you Kella. I hope your doing well.


If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You