Friday, 30 September 2016

Eat Your Greens September Round Up

Its the end of September and you know what this means, #Eat Your Greens Round up.  


We have six super vegetarian and vegan recipes, all very different and all inspiring.   

The first Eat Your Greens recipe for Pesto Pasta Primavera comes from Kimmy who blogs over at Rock My Vegan Socks.  She actually shared it with #EatYourGreens last month, but we missed her out, she was very understanding as these things happen, and out of courtesy I thought I would share her recipe for Pesto Pasta Primavera first.  This dish was created out of Kimmys love for fresh basil and light food, most of the ingredients came from her local farmers market including the broccoli and artichokes.  I want to tuck in, do you?!
The second recipe comes from Cheryl who blogs over at Madhouse Family Review.  Cheryl shares Moroccan Spiced Courgettes, a twist on traditional ratatouille. Courgettes can be quite bland but smothered in a richly spices tomato sauce elevates courgettes to a wondrous vegetable. This would be a fabulous accompaniment to any meal.
Lisa from Lisa's Kitchen shared Creamy Avocado Carrot  Kale Slaw with Chickpeas.    Lisa  tossed this Eat Your Greens slaw in a creamy, tangy and zesty vegan avocado and mustard dressing.  It ticking all the right boxes for me.
Johanna from The Green Gourmet Giraffe brings to the table Asparagus Strawberry and Greens Salad.   I like the different levels of green, green from asparagus, green from avocado and green from the rocket and green from pea shoots.  Her salad is coated in poppy dressing.  Its a healthy bowl of greens that makes you feel like an angel in heavens kitchen. 
My lovely co-host The Veg Hog shares with us Braised Beans and Tomatoes.  She admits that she stole this lovely recipe from her partner.  The green beans are slow cooked in a beautiful rich tomato sauce lushness. Thank you VegHog's partner, we salute you and thank you for sharing this handsome bowl with us. 
And finally, my own contribution which was Stuffed Fantail Courgettes.
I hope you will join in October with your #EatYourGreens vegetarian or vegan recipe.  The #EatYourGreens challenge in October will be hosted by my blogger buddy The Veg Hog

Follow this link on how to participate and then just leave a comment with a link to your blog post either here OR on The VegHog's #EatYourGreens hosting page. 

10 comments:

  1. This couldn't have come at a better time since I've been in the mood to eat something new. :)

    VEGETARIAN COURTESYFACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Adi, hope your well its getting autumnal here so time for heartier dishes.

      Delete
  2. Lovely round up of greens - I have just been to the farmers market admiring all the lovely spring greens - I think I need to catch up with your fantail zucchini as they look amazing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Johanna. It was a very nice meal when we had it, all my homegrown courgettes are gone now, but I still have a couple of recipes to share

      Delete
  3. These all look great but your stuffed fantail courgettes are particularly impressive in visual appeal. What a great way to prepare / display courgettes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Thank you Kari, I used soy mince, but as you know can stuff with anything as long as chopped very very small - it was very nice.

      Delete
  4. Thank you for the great round up, it was a good month again! I can't believe I missed Kimmy´s recipe, I'm so sorry, need to pay more attention this time. My welcoming post will be up in a few moments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Veghog. Hopefully October will see a lot more. Kimmy was okay, these things happen I was just to blame too as she shared it on my blog and I overlooked it. It doesn;t happen that often, thanks for co-hosting.

      Delete
  5. Thanks Shaheen!! It's no problem - no need to apologise =)
    All of the recipes looks SO GOOD! I'm especially eyeing up Johanna's asparagus strawberry salad. I'll have to come up with a green recipe for this month!

    ReplyDelete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You