Tuesday, 27 September 2016

Vegan Stuffed Peppers

I know stuffed peppers are considered old fashion vegetarian food, but I do like them, especially when flavoured well.  
But I had not planned on making Stuffed Peppers. ... Why?!
Well if you look closer, you can see that the peppers are getting a little wrinkly.  Sometimes I would throw peppers beginning to lose their shine and crispness in a vegan Chilli Pot, but this time I stuffed them with Bulgar wheat.  It made for a change.
For the recipe follow this Stuffed Pepper recipe and just replace the rice with Bulgar wheat.  I am sharing this with Credit Crunch Munch hosted by Utterly Scrummy Food For Families and Fuss Free Flavours for the simply reason that this is a frugal recipe and pepper can be stuffed with all kinds of vegetables and grains. Go on get creative. 

11 comments:

  1. Stuffed peppers may be considered as old fashioned, but I also really like them. Some classics just are so good that you can have them again and again. And these can come in so many variations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know Veghog some classic recipes we will always keep close.

      Delete
  2. I LOVED stuffed peppers Shaheen nad yes, stuffing them does get them cooked right away. I don't know why I have a tendency to skip over them in the bin. It's like I think they will last forever, lol...

    Your peppers look quite tempting, and healthy too! Thank you so much for sharing, Shaheen and thank you so much for your lovely words on my blog. I'm not back to blogging but thought I would pop on over for a visit:) so glad I did:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So funny, Your very welcome and you know you will be welcome back to blogging when your ready x Thank you for coming by, it means a lot

      Delete
  3. I love stuffed peppers, my Mum used to make them a lot... With all kinds of stuffing, either shallow-boiled or baked in the oven. I always have them with creamy tomato sauce. Now you made me crave them! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds yummy with cream tomato sauce

      Delete
  4. I haven't had a stuffed pepper for years, but I used to love them, must give them a go! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Amy, I think that is the thing - we forget about such dishes, hope you make some soon

      Delete
  5. "I know stuffed peppers are considered old fashion vegetarian food" What? Really! Call me old fashioned then ;p Your recipe is really good! Different than I normally make mine - I look forward to trying it out =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kimmy, some of the old classics will always be appealing, so glad you like this - would love to know what you stuff your peppers with?!

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You